This was my first epoxy project. I got a great deal on the slab. There had been a fire at the wood place and it smelled like smoke. I had it flattened at 4 Chicks Furniture and it took away any smell. 

I taped up the bottom and edges as well as I could. Unfortunately, some of it seeped out and it stuck to the carpeting in my basement where I was doing the work. With some scissors and elbow grease, I was able to get it released from the carpeting.

I sanded it down well and decided to keep the edge a bit rough rather than sanding it down clean. I finished it with Rubio Monocoat for a natural, smooth finish.

I built the box that it was on during a woodworking class several years ago. You can see the dovetail detail on the corner. I took off some trim to simplify the look, sanded it down, and stained it. I finished it with wipe-on polyurethane.

I attached it from the top with countersunk screws to a pre-existing mantel.